15 Tips for Success
Do you ever wonder how some people find success and others don’t? Well – it seems that there is no secret recipe, all successful people are unique and have their own methods.
However, here are some common tips. These seem to pop up time and time again when I talk to people who are considered ‘successful’.
1. Make choices: You can’t be successful at everything. Choose who you want to be, what you want to do, then go for it!
2. Visualise: Imagine you are already successful by visualising your overall goal and the steps you need to take to get there. Remember to imagine that you are enjoying each part of the experience.
3. Develop a plan: Then concentrate on the next three things that you can do now to move you closer to where you want to be.
4. Create the right habits: Work out what small thing(s) you could do each day to improve your chances of success.
5. Take small but consistent steps: You don’t need to smash your comfort zone. Just stretch it – a lot!
6. Have fun: Make each stage of the journey as enjoyable as possible.
7. Don’t be afraid to fail: Did you give up trying to walk after the first time you fell over?
8. Learn by your mistakes: But don’t focus on them.
9. Sometimes being good enough is good enough: Don’t let perfectionism stop you from taking action!
10. Think positive thoughts: Choose your perspective, “How can I do it?” rather than “Why can’t I do it?”
11. Get rid of time wasting activities: How else can you be spending your time?
12. Respect your body: Eat well and keep fit. Your body is the best vehicle you have – treat it with respect.
13. Surround yourself with the right people: Spend as much time as possible with people who energise you. Energy rubs off!
14. See obstacles as opportunities: You will enjoy success all the more for overcoming them!
15. Start today: Don’t wait, take action now!
When have you been successful? What tips do you have?